Sunday Links #2
The second round of links from all around the web. There has been some pretty interesting stuff, and I'm sure at least one of these links will be of your interests.
- Video: Metal Gear Solid 4 Gameplay - This game makes me want a PS3 (well, this and Little Big Planet). Presented by Hideo Kojima, played by Hiroaki Yoshiike, this is the first real video of MGS4 gameplay, and I must say it looks amazing. The A.I. seemed a little dumbed down, but over in the topic I posted at UKCS it was pointed out that it might be to reduce the chance of mistakes (so that the presentation went smoothly, of course). Then again, it might just be REALLY EASY mode. The video is 15mins long, and goes through various gameplay elements we know and love from the MGS series, plus new ones! "I want this game" is an understatement.
- Article: Microformats: More Meaning from Your Markup - If you are, like me, confused or unsure about Microformats then this article explains them very well. Including examples, this Sitepoint article is a recommended read for web developers.
- Article: 7 Postural Habits To Make Now To Increase Your Health - For a while now I have been worried about my posture when sitting and sleeping, due to neck and back pains that come and go (at my age!). This article popped up and it gives some handy tips for improving your posture and, after trying some myself, I noticed some difference.
- Blog: Chris Garrett on New Media - Adam Snider linked me to this blog. As the title of this blog states, Chris writes about new media (such as blogging) with posts such as "Do You Have to Write Every Day?", "The Gift of Giving" and "How to Decide Your Blog Content". He'll even write a guest post for you.
- Site: Boagworld - I don't know why I didn't visit this site before. I was listening to the latest .net podcast and I realized I had never looked at Paul Boag's site before and, after hearing him mention his other podcast, I decided to look it up. It's a blog + podcast + forum which = awesome. Even if you are not a web developer/designer by profession, the blog aims to "help you poor sods who have been lumbered with the job of managing the company's website", so have a look around and even get involved with the forums.
- Article: Advice for Students: 10 Steps Toward Better Writing - How typical! Just when I have finished being a student, this article gets posted. Oh wel, it might not be much use to me now, but someone else might find it handy. Tips on how to approach, write and complete your essays/reports/papers.
- Podcast: Munchcast - Munchcast is a new podcast, on the TWiT Network, where Leo Laporte and Cammy Blackstone discuss food. Not just junk food! Normal food, geek food, whatever food! Obviously not something to listen to while hungry, but if your tummy isn't rumbling then give it a listen.
- Tool: Streamripper - Record mp3 streams to your hard drive with this handy tool. Thanks to Thimmay for the link.
- Friend Watch: Adam Snider - Canadian, Writer and all round good guy. This Ink Slinger in the digital age blogs about his life, new media and writing. He also just launched a new blog called River City Writer, which covers the life and culture of Edmonton.
That's it for this week, feel free to add your own in the comments!