Thanks 2007, Looking Forward to 2008
Happy New Year! It is now 01/01/2008 and today is the most appropriate time to look back over 2007 to be thankful for what the year provided, and to look forward to what 2008 has in store. A stroll down memory lane and a bit of wishful thinking for the future!
Thank you 2007, for...
- The Launch of akamike - Finally, I had a place to post my thoughts and share whatever I wanted. The original akamike design made me so proud, at the time it was one of my best pieces of work. akamike has helped me improve my skills in several ways, from design to writing. Thanks to all my readers, thanks for your comments!
- Celebrating 1 Year with Sasha - Sasha and I hit our first major milestone. Reaching one year of being in a relationship was such a big deal to us both, and we look forward to many more to come.
- Moving in with Sasha - A few months after our anniversary, I moved in with Sasha and her parents. A big move, it really strengthened our relationship and we are both very happy.
- New Job - Late into the year, I joined Rolled Limited. I have been working with some great people and on some excellent projects, and I know that there is more coming.
- New Friends - From blogging on akamike to UKCS, I have made many new friends. I don't want to name names and embarrass people, but thanks to all my new friends and acquaintances from 2007. :)
- My Mum - Thanks for supporting me on everything and helping me get to where I am. If I can make 2008 (2009, 2010, etc) better for you, I will do so :)
Of course, there has been bad things last year, but I am not one to dwell on the past.
Looking to the Future
- 2 Years with Sasha - This March marks the 2 year anniversary of Sasha and I. Still going strong!
- Learning to Cook - I have always been interested in cooking and have had random days where I cook, but now I want to really get into it. Everything from techniques to health, I want to learn it all!
- Launching a Food Blog - Alongside my cooking experiences I aim to run a blog touching on what I learn, recipes to try and product/restaurant reviews. Helping others from my own experiences.
- Working with Great People - With my new job I am already working with some great developers and designers. 2008 holds promise for me to collaborate with some amazing clients.
- akamike v2 - While I originally planned to have this out before 2008, various delays have pushed it back. Don't worry, it will be here soon!
- (Maybe) Learning to Drive - I don't have much need for learning to drive at the moment, but I might as well get it done and out of the way. Who knows, maybe I'll find need for a car this year.
- Travelling - With the prospect of a decent income, and maybe driving, I want to travel a little and take Sash and I on some nice holidays. No specific plans yet, but I'm looking.
- Sorting Diet - Sasha has helped get my diet a bit more on track, I plan to push it further and eat better. This will help my weight, which has been steadily getting more healthy.
- 20 Years of My Life - On the 4th of February I will turn 20, the "first quarter" of my life, depending on how long I live. No longer a teenager, technically ;)
- Expand my hobbies - There has always been other things I have been interested in but have never pursued. I hope to build on these interests in 2008, make myself a little more knowledgeable.
You can view these as resolutions since they are what I would like to gain from 2008. I have other, small ideas of what to expect but I would rather not get my hopes up on them. I'll just wait and see what comes first!
What about you? Are you thankful for much from 2007? Great expectations for 2008? Let me know in the comments!