8 Random Facts About Mike Robinson
I was tagged this on deviantART a while back, but since I don't use the journal there I didn't post it up. Then, Adam Snider blogged it and invited people to post their own. So, here's 8 random facts about me.
- I have a very active imagination, which provides me with many dreams of heroism, adventure and action. Back when I was interested in indie video games development and art, all my ideas came to me quickly and vividly because I just couldn't switch off my imagination!
- I used to have psoriasis, a skin illness which I found to be very embarrassing during high school, despite the fact that it was not that visible while clothed. This was cleared up with UV treatment and hasn't returned for many years.
- I am interested in World War Two, though I have yet to pursue this interest beyond playing WWII video games, watching "Saving Private Ryan" and "Band of Brothers" and the odd documentary. I enjoyed studying it at school and keep telling myself I'll read into it more, but I haven't taken any action! Quick note: It's not a "creepy" interest.
- Years of not having money caused problems for me when I became a student. Here, SAAS provides young students with a sum of money over the course of their studies. During the first few instalments I did not deal with having a large sum of money in my bank, wasting way too much and running into problems later in the year (being unable to pay for transport or small items that took my fancy). Gradually, over the 3 years, I've been able to control my spending and make better thought out decisions on how to spread money across a period of time.
- I am extremely picky when it comes to the hygiene of my food, whether it's during it's preparation or the dishes it is presented on. All utensils involved must be pretty much spotless or else I'll wash it again myself. This doesn't gel well with my little brothers, who seem to think a half-arsed brush without washing up liquid is enough to pass it off. Oh, and that a light tap with a tea towel classifies it as "dry". Thank god I either do most of the dishes myself or they are cleaned well in a dishwasher!
- While I can deal with issues in life rationally (now..), I can't control myself when it comes to video games. I will swear, become angry and annoyed with games quickly if things aren't going smoothly. Just so you know, if I meet you in an online game and have a go at you, don't take it personally. It's usually down to my own lack of skill or rage towards technical performance issues (PC and connection lag are my favourites....bastards...).
- I have never been drunk. I am not sure if it's because I haven't drank enough, though I usually have quite a few when I do go out, or if I have a good tolerance when it comes to alcohol. Not that I am looking forward to being hungover, another thing I have missed!
- I have never been abroad. The furthest outside of the UK mainland that I have been is to Orkney, where I lived for a few years as a child. It's not that I don't want to, there's plenty of places I would love to visit, it's just that the opportunity hasn't come about, yet.
Soak up the knowledge and feel that you know me better. Adam posted my end thoughts perfectly:
I'd tag some people, but I know that most of them won't participate anyway, so I'll just leave this open to anyone who'd like to join in.
If you're up for it, post 8 random things about yourself on your blog (link back to this post, or shoot me an email, so I can check out what you've got to say about yourself). If you don't have a blog, feel free to leave your list in the comments section of this post.